Safety, Health & Environmental Resource Committee
John Castaneda Jr., Celanese
John Bollum, Enterprise Products
This committee is a source for owners and contractors to learn how to improve their safety performance, latest regulatory requirements, and other issues related to safety and health of employees.
- Coordinate and support activities and programs to improve member/contractor and owner organization employees’ safety and health at their work place.
- Sponsor and facilitate IBR Contractor Safety Excellence Awards Program to recognize exemplary industrial contractor safety performance. Coordinate with HASC as co-facilitators.
- Provide a forum for owners and contractors to share methods and practices that promote safe work environments throughout our worksites.
- Actively participate in alliances with OSHA and other governmental regulatory agencies to promote jobsite safety and employee health.
- Coordinate with area safety councils in providing reciprocal programs for contractor safety orientation and training, substance abuse testing, and background screening efforts.
The Safety, Health & Environmental Resource Committee meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 8:00 am (except July) at 5213 Center Street, Pasadena, Texas 77505, Upstairs.
The January meeting will be part of the Safety Excellence Awards Orientation each year and the June meeting will be part of the Best Practices Seminar for the Safety Excellence Awards.
- Fall Fatality at Grain Storage Facility
- Safety Alert: Man Lift Inspection
- Safety Alert: JLG Inspection